even MORE borders. cant stop wont stop
Patterns from a 1930 Ukrainian booklet. Part 2
The most common bird-feet formation, with three toes forward and one toe back. You see this with most perching birds, wading birds, swimming birds, and raptors.
A bird-feet formation occurring primarily in parrots. The middle two toes are forward, and the outer two toes are pointed back. Birds with these feet tend to spend a lot of time clambering oh-so-gracefully around trees instead of just perching.
Three toes pointing forward, one back, but the outer and middle forward-pointing toes are fused, because kingfishers.
Like the zygodactyly found in parrots, but instead of having the outer toes pointing back, there are two toes pointing back and then two pointing forward. This only happens in a group known by the weirdly-metal and made-up sounding name of “trogons,” which is basically quetzals, which are weirdly-metal and made-up looking birds.
All four toes pointing forward, because fuck everything. Found in swifts, because they’re not from this planet.
Okay, it’s not because they’re aliens, it’s because they do this.
Sorry for the really long post, I wanted to make sure I could get as much as I could in there. I saw these lovely posts and saw they all used to the same sites I do. So I combined theres, with some of mine that I love to use. I also added food, in here because I know I’m lazy so I thought you guys might appreciate it.
- convert anything to anything
- convert youtube videos to mp3
- download youtube videos
- download from 8tracks
- tricks to sleeping more
- what the fuck should I make for dinner
- what the fuck should I listen to now
- what the fuck should I do today
- what the fuck should I do with my life
- where the fuck should I go for drinks
- what’s the fucking weather
Fashion, makeup, hair:
- easy makeup tips
- eyeliner trick
- fashion guide/vocabulary
- makeup hacks
- Make up tips masterpost
- make up tips (more) (more) (more) (more) (more) (more)
- messy bun tutorial
- skirt types
- spoon tutorial
- winged eyeliner tutorial
Food in under 10 minutes:
Helpful for school (lots of writing tips):
- An already typed essay at your fingertips(type the subject and press random stuff and an essay forms)
- bibliography maker
- Didn’t listen in class?
- finals survival guide
- free microsoft word alternative
- homework help
- learn geography
- make flash cards
- math problem solver (2)
- Masterpost of writing software
- online ruler
- pull an all nighter but do well on your exam
- Stress Analyst
- when to go to sleep/wake up
- best learning website ever
- can’t remember the name of a song?
- check the trust level of any website
- consult this site before choosing a seat for your next flight
- find the name to the song
- is this website down for me or everyone?
- Less confusing view of the world time zones
- need a random number for a contest?
- never hit a dead end with a broken link
- self defense tips(x)
- survival tips
- upload anything from your iPhone etc. to your laptop
- wanna know how stuff works?
- watch movies/draw/everything??? with your online friends
- how to improve your self-esteem
- how to look busy at work/school
- how to love yourself
- how to pull an all nighted but do well on your exam
- how to study well
- how to survive College
- how to write an essay
- the best career fits for your star sign
- Bunch of cool things
- chrome extension tells you which tab is playing music
- delete yourself from web services
- donate food to people who are hungry (disable ad block)
- fake tweet generator
- HD celebrity images
- Play some online games like when we were kids
- prevent hangovers
- what font is that?
- working out master post
- how to download photoshop for mac for free
- how to download photoshop for pc for free
- in depth tutorial on how to make a gif
- pretty much any photoshop tutorial you will ever need
- photoshop help (2) (3) (4)
- resources for photoshop
- All Authors need to Know
- Alternatives to ‘said’
- Can’t remember a word?
- download free books
- download free kindle books
- Masterlist of study tips
- more writing tips
- read books online for free
- read/post fanfiction
- read/post stories
- Want to know who you write like?
- 10 sites to download free audio books
- all of the audio posts you’ve ever reblogged
- annoyed someone is asking you something they can find easily find them self?
- code for ask box
- easy way to make masterposts
- falling snow code for your tumblr theme
- find a gif reaction
- how to make tumblr themes
- html help
- install updates tab on a tumblr theme (x) (x)
- kawaii emoji’s
- mass tag replacer
- popular tumblr extentions (x) (x) (x)
- post limit checker
- theme hunter
- tumblr theme hunters (x) (x)
- see problems with your blog/website
- see your old themes
- url shortener
- does the opposite of ^^^
When you are bored:
- DIY household ideas
- silk - interactive generative art
- learn new things masterlist
- Paint a Nebula
- Super Mario
- silk - interactive generative art
- what should i do today?
When you are sad:
- break something
- cut something (blood) (tw!!)
- get a hug
- play cute games
- Receive Compliments
- see something cute
- the thoughts room
- A list of movies with links
- A list of scary movies with recovery
- A list of teen movies
- Disney Channel Movies from 1998-2013
- One of the best movie selections
- The Masterpost of other master posts to movies/tv shows
- Stream/watch tvs or movies
- tumblr dedicated to find finding movies
- watch free movies/tv shows
- when to pee during a movie
Hope these help you guys through out the year. Have a great year. :)
This is a quick reference post for anybody who wants to use the Hoeass Animal Crossing Sprites that I uploaded to Welcome to Athena. Please remember that I only uploaded these here because Hoeass had to move the sprites twice to prevent hotlinking to his site, they are uploaded here specifically so that you can hotlink them from this blog as needed, but any credit that you give should go to Hoeass and his website. (A link back here would be appreciated, but is not necessary!)
Item Related Sprites
- Plants: Fruits, Flowers, Trees
- Ores, Money & Tools
- Buildings: Wii PC Homes, W.W. PC Homes, Shops & Stores
- Random Items 1, Random Items 2
Villager Sprites - (Sorted by Species)
GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)
- learn how to coupon
- how to get free therapy
- clean bathroom tips
- what to do when you can’t pay your bills
- learn time management skillz
- recipes that take 30 minutes or less
- see if you’re paying too much for your cell phone bill
- create a resume
- how to make a doctor’s appointment
- organize your closet
- find the right career
- a list of stress relievers
- how to pick a major
- how to take care of yourself when you’re sick
- things to bring to a doctor’s appointment
- what the hell is a mortgage?
- buying a used car
- how to pick a health insurance plan
- read the news
- leave your childhood traumas behind
- how to quit smoking
- a list of hotlines in a crisis
- what to expect from your first gynecologist appointment
- what to do if you get pulled over by a cop
- things to keep in your car in case of an emergency
- bulletin boards… ALL OF THEM, COVERED IN OUTDATED ANNOUNCEMENTS AND UGLY FURNITURE FOR SALE AND THOSE ‘PULL OFF’ POSTER THINGS WITH LIKE, ONE SCRAGGLY ONE LEFT
- bike racks
- not enough parking spots, and really expensive parking stickers/passes
- that one building that isn’t handicap accessible so theres no elevator and hella stairs, and you have a class on the third floor
- the overly-inquisitive cafeteria worker, who actually wants to know about your day and your plans, a good counterbalance to the cafeteria worker who hates their fucking job so much you can hear them bitching about everything as they wipe down tables or whatever
- keycard access to dorm buildings. seriously. if they don’t have to swipe to get into the dorms, they’re not at college.
- unnecessary emails. so many. emails from departments you’ve never heard of for events that don’t involve you, “news” emails that you delete without opening, and all the important ones you need to read filter right into your spam folder
- peak internet hours, when everyone is on, and it slows to a crawl
- that one broken washer that floods and never seems to get fixed and that everyone just avoids using
- that club that always seems to be fundraising or selling things or soliciting whatever or signing people up and they’re always at a table by the cafeteria or inside the student center and they’re always like five people at the table and they have the ugliest posterboard advertising whatever they do
- a building that hasn’t been updated or fixed or anything since the 1960s. asbestos tiles, awkwardly sized classrooms, wtf color bathroom tiles (seriously, like mint green and salmon, wtf), if it was a thing in the 50s/60s this building has it and also slightly uneven stairs and stupidly heavy front doors
theres more, i’m sure, but this is what i can think of
- that one person on the dorm floor that talks to EVERYONE and has a weird idea of boundaries
- teenagers’ utter failure to wash dishes aka the communal kitchen in the building fills up with dirty dishes in the sink
- people who make the most amount of noise as possible at a certain time of night, yelling or banging on walls or generally being crazy
- that one dude who has arguments with his parents/girlfriend/whatever over the phone all the time and you can hear him clearly even though he’s in his room with the door closed
- conversely, that one person that always has their door open
- the insane mishmash of conversations in the cafeteria: stupid conversations about dumb shit like internet memes and fandom and things you watched on cartoon network when you were 10, conversations about relationships/drama/all that stuff, and serious conversations about philosophy or business or the merits of such and such a thing discussed in class
- terrible terrible terrible slabs of processed meat labeled as “steak” or “turkey” but which are better classified as “probably not really steak” and “possibly turkey”
- RAs. People always seem to forget that dorms have RAs in college AUs.
- Theme Houses — dude, Les Amis would totally all live in a theme house together
- beds that are impossible to get into without a running jump or a stool of some sort
- That one (non-cafeteria) food place on campus that EVERYONE goes to and it’s pretty much always loud and hot and full of people
- That one cafeteria station that’s your fallback if everything else looks gross because at least this one is trustworthy (aka the deli station)
Also, yeah, I’m always super confused when characters from different dorm buildings just waltz into each other’s buildings. You need a keycard to get into different dorm buildings and you can only get into yours.
- that crew in the lounge who play cards against humanity until obscene hours of the morning
- the confused delivery person who you didn’t order but neither did no one else
- the one person who is always forced to order the delivery and interact with the delivery people even if they’re not paying for it
- the room of dudes who adore scarface and generally make you kind of uncomfortable
- that professor you never realized was into punk rock
- that professor who pays for pizza
- at least one building on campus with an elevator you’re absolutely sure is a deathtrap but you occasionally have to take because you have to get to the seventh floor and there’s no time
- if cars are allowed on/near the campus, drivers do not give a shit about the pedestrian right of way
- similarly, pedestrians do not give a shit about the fact that cars are large and heavy and can kill them, because they have a class they’re already late for
- bulletin boards are everywhere, but only suckers restrict themselves to them—well-traversed halls and stairwells will be papered with fliers, along with ragged corners left from others being ripped down and miles of scotch tape left behind over the weeks and months
- every class has that one chair that no one wants to sit in, because it’s one careless shift away from breaking and dumping your ass on the floor
- buses are incredibly useful, and incredibly important, and the worse the weather is the more crowded and unbearable they will be. if it’s raining or snowing, be advised that every bus will be packed impossibly full of damp, sweaty students
- you will inevitably end up spending all of your time in someone else’s dorm room, even if there are 15 of you
- the cafeteria, towards the end of the week, will serve “meat”. Not pork or chicken or beef, but “meat”.
- if you’re like me, there will be a catering company using your dorms/campus for weddings and events and you won’t even know they exist until two years later when you start working for them
- how do you miss three weddings a month, across multiple parts of the dorms? i don’t know.
- drunken half-naked people doing the walk of shame at 5 am will cease to be interesting very quickly
- friends throwing snowballs at your windows to lure you outside will not