“…despite complaints about “reverse discrimination,” my research demonstrated that the real complaint is that affirmative action undermines long-established patterns of favoritism.”
“…despite complaints about “reverse discrimination,” my research demonstrated that the real complaint is that affirmative action undermines long-established patterns of favoritism.”
The 16-year-old Jasmine Thar was shot and killed in the front yard of a Chadbourn home on December 23, 2012. The Killer James Blackwell, 23 year old White Man, who lived across the street, says his 700 Remington Rifle went off without pulling the trigger. Jasmine was in the car with her mother and the bullet actually hit both of them. Jasmine would die from the bullet wound. The investigation determined that the death was the product of an “accidental discharge”. When the investigators searched James Blackwell’s (The Killer) home they found Confederate flags and NAZI memorabilia. As of now they are saying James Blackwell WILL NOT be arrested.It think ridiculous is an understatement for how disheartening these “Investigation conclusions” are. I will say this again stemming from my last post. THE RESPECT AND CARE FOR BLACK DEATH IS NON-EXISTENT. I used to scratch my head in frustration trying to figure out how much more obvious something needs to be for them to get that it was a Race Crime. Then realized that I was naive, they can see exactly what I see but their intention was to justify the crime not to punish the Criminal. How can you possibly expect her family to accept that she was killed by some guys rifle by accident? Is this a hunting area? This is so sad and such bullshit. White people kill blacks and know that the Police will give them “The benefit of the doubt”, Unwritten Rules: When you’re BLACK you’re GUILTY until PROVEN innocent, when you’re WHITE you’re INNOCENT until PROVEN guilty. You never hear of black people “accidentally” killing white people. Why? Because Black people know the POLICE, The prosecution, and White folks won’t tolerate it. We can get Killed by Zimmerman’s or Blackwells and they courts will take the side of the killer because of Privilege. Furthermore these BLACK DEATHS ARE A CONTINUOUS PATTERN.
People desperately want to feel like RACISM doesn’t exist and is a thing of the past. Some people do not want to acknowledge racism. They ignore it and try to look at things from perspectives far from racism no matter if it’s right in their face. Lets get this clear ignoring racism and avoiding it in itself is RACIST. You are an enabler of Racism, just like someone who is aware of but quiet about another being raped, mistreated, ETC…Then people want to call you racist for pointing out some racist shit.Black people have to stop being bamboozled by the “reports” and the media. Their agenda is always in favor of the agenda of the courts. Don’t allow their propaganda to desensitize you about something you Feel in your heart is Wrong. We cannot just pray about change ACTION is required. Blacks need to ORGANIZE and plan because this can happen to anyone of us at anytime.I know “The Overseers” are going to come out and say “Well we kill each other everyday, why should we care about that?” Well that is true but does that justify Hate crimes by other races? Every race in the world “Kills each other everyday” This post is about the Death of Jasmine Char and the mistreatment of her case. If you can’t understand that it’s not for you or your type of person.“Nobody in the world, nobody in history, has ever gotten their freedom by appealing to the moral sense of the people who were oppressing them”~~Assata Shakur
Written By @Solar_InnerG
A fucking accident?! That motherfucker is posing with a Nazi flag that was not no fucking accident
remember that black woman who shot at the roof of her house or something like that and didn’t hurt anyone (i think) and still got arrested and some shit like that? this guy kills someone and walks free. ugh.
I wonder how much more shit like this will have to happen until people will begin to understand why I’m incredibly apprehensive about the thought of one day bringing children who aren’t white into this world
The bold: That was Marissa Alexander who fired a warning shot into the wall of her house because her abusive husband who had threatened to kill her showed up and cornered her in the house.
This is a resource post for all the Good White Person™s out there. You know, the ones who say things like “It’s not my fault I’m white! Don’t generalize white people!”, or “I’m appreciating your culture! You should be proud!”, or “Why do you hate all white people, look I’m a special snowflake who’s not racist give me an award for meeting the minimum requirements for being a decent human being”.
Well, if you are actually interested in understanding racism and how it ties into cultural appropriation, please read instead of endlessly badgering PoCs on tumblr with your cliched, unoriginal arguments and repeating the same questions over and over.
On White Privilege
aka don’t blame me just because I’m white:
- It’s Not My Fault I Was Born White: Basics of White Privilege x
- Racial Divide x
- Endless Examples of White Privilege x
- You Cannot Know What It’s Like To Be A Racial Minority x
- Intersectional Feminism x
- White Privilege Does Not Mean White People Have Perfect Lives x
- White Privilege and White Supremacy: A Presentation x
- You Will Never Experience Racism x
- Understanding White Privilege x
- White Privilege and Double Standards x
- Systematic White Ignorance x
- The Invisibility of White Privilege x
- The Luxury of White Privilege x
- White Privilege: The Harry Potter Analogy x
- Privilege Denial Bingo x
- Privilege and Cost x
- Check Your Privilege 101 x
- Whiteness x
- Whiteness is Not A Culture x
- White Privilege and Racism x
- Deeply Embarrassed White People Talk About Race x
- When White Anti Racists Talk About ~Their Struggle~ x
- White Privilege As A System x
On Reverse Racism
aka you are being racist against white people:
- Are White People Racially Oppressed x
- White People, the new Racial Minority x
- People Don’t Value Pale Skin!! x
- There Is No Such Thing As Reverse Racism x
- Racism vs. Not Racism x
- But White People Are Discriminated Against In Foreign Countries x
- The Myth of Reverse Racism: Why Cracker is Not N**** x
- Satire: A Step Wise Guide on Being Reverse Racist x
- Racism Against White People vs. Racism Against POCs x
On Cultural Appropriation
aka I’m just appreciating your culture:
- The Basics x
- Identifying Appropriation x
- But When We Wear It … x
- Why Can’t I Wear It (Hipster Headdresses) x
- Not Yours x
- If You Take The Bindi x
- White People Do It Better x
- Multiculturalism and Appropriation x
- Cultural Appropriation and Portrayals In Print Media x
- Diminishing the Cultural Significance of the Bindi x
- The Cultural Appropriation Bingo x
- Why We’re Fed Up of Your Responses x
- Identities Are Not Costumes x
- Hinduism And Appropriation x
- Religion and Privilege x
- Bindis Are Cool x
- Exotic India x
- What’s Wrong With Cultural Appropriation x
- Racism, Bindis and Ganesh Tattoos x
- BUT YOU’RE SPEAKING ENGLISH! x
- Cultural Appropriation Trolls x
- Guide to Being An Appropriating Douchefuck x
- New Age ~Culture Mixing~ x
- In case you’re tired of the prose, here’s poetry x
- Why You Shouldn’t Wear A Bindi x
- Appropriating and Sharing x
- Our Culture is A Punchline Until It’s a Trend x
- Homage Or Insult x
- Tattoos and Appropriation x
- Bollywood is Not Synonymous With Indian x
- College Party Costumes and Stereotypes x
- Dotheads x
- Bindis and Racist Humour x
- Hindu Iconography x
- Misuse of Hindu Iconography x
- Your Appreciation Doesn’t Help Us x
Assorted Vials of White Tears and Miscellaneous Antidotes
aka I can’t change that I’m white/not all whites are racist/we are all humans:
- Unoriginal Arguments Refuted x
- Quick Checklist: You Might Be Racist If x
- Your Opinion Isn’t Necessary x
- I’m Not Responsible For My Ancestors x
- The Kumbayah Myth x
- Proud to Be White x
- Good White Person x
- We Don’t Hate White People x
- Brutality of Colonialism And Why You Can’t Tell Us To Forget the Past x
- People Who Claim Not To See Race Are More Likely to Be Racist x
- All Races are Beautiful Said the White Girl x
- Race Blindness Is A Luxury x
- Well, You’re Racist For Calling Me Racist x
- I’ve Read About Its Significance, I Know What It Means
- Angry Because Someone Called You Racist x
- We’re Not All Like That x
- People Only Care About This Trivial Shit On The Internet x
- I Can’t Apologize for Being Born White, It’s Not My Fault x
- Why Can’t You Tell Me What I’m Doing Wrong x
- It’s Easy to Be Color Blind When You’re White x
- A Diagrammatic Guide To White Tears x
- Conversations I’m Sick Of Having With White People x
- Why Do You Hate White People x
- I’m Trying To Be Cultured x
- Sisyphean Conundrum x
- What is Your Problem x
- We Are All Human, We All Bleed Red x
- It’s Just A Bindi x
- How Not To Respond To Accusations of Racism x
- I’m Italian And 0.009% Native American x
- What White People Think Racism Means: A Venn Diagram x
- White Guilt x
- White Pride!!!111!!! x
- I Like *Insert Foreign Country* I Want To Live There x
- You Have So Much Hate, Fighting Fire With Fire Won’t Help x
- BooHoo, Don’t Call Me Racist x
- Not Everything Ended With Your Ancestors x
- The Racist Reaction x
- I Don’t See Why That Is Racist x
- Crummy Apologies x
Okay. I agree. I’ve been socially conditioned not to notice racism and recognize my privilege. What can I do?
I don’t care about this bullshit; you’re making a big deal out of nothing, go home and delete your blog:
ok white ppl here the fuck u go. learn something and quit fucking up.
hi homestuck fandom i just want to talk about the really touchy subject known as racial diversity for moment.
yes hi i’m a poc what up. jsyk i’m not angry and i’m not here to point fingers at particular people i just want to clear some things up that should raise red flags everyone, okay?
Wayne Allyn Root - seriously, look his face in the last gif.
This smug motherfucker.
I don’t even know whether to classify this as classism, the dehumanizing effect of capitalism, or simply “look at this fucking asshole”. The most appropriate is most likely “I’m a rich white guy; nobody’s suffering matters more than my money” - a brief synopsis of a good 65/70 % of the world’s problems.
my floor ✌
your floor is racist ✌
No, it isn’t, it is a flag. A flag is not racist. A person is rasict. A statement can be considered racist. Now if the flag were branded with racial slurs or other means of hatred, I could understand, however, it does not.
hoooooooooooboy i’m going to need you to unfollow me right now
the confederate flag is racist because it was the flag used by the confederate armies who were doing what? oh yeah fighting for their right to enslave, torture, and murder people based on their race!
i bet you’d agree that a flag with a swastika on it was racist. this is the same situation.
Okay, so this flag was the flag that represented the Confederate States of America- I believe they first started using it in 1863 or 1864- either way it was introduced during the Civil War. So it doesn’t quite represent Southern “states”- it represented the states that succeeded from the United States. So technically it’s not a symbol of the Southern states, it’s a symbol of succession and the nation they claimed to have formed. A lot of people used it as an alternate to the the American flag.
BUT- and here’s why in my opinion this flag has become a symbol of hate- it didn’t gain popularity or much recognition until the mid 20th century particularly during WWII and in the time following it. During the Civil Right’s movement, Southern’s who were opposed to desegregation began displaying it to represent their opposition to federal laws (ie their resistance to the North). And then of course the KKK and other hate groups have embraced the flag as well (for the very reason listed above).
factual burn!if it was all about southern pride, black southerners would have this flag. and funny how no one ever flies the first flag. hmm.
There were southern blacks that willing fought for this flag, and there’s pictures to prove it.
Being forced to fight doesn’t count.
What sense does it make to give a man a gun that doesn’t want to fight? He could just shot you and leave. A lot that fought, fought willingly.
you do realize that what you’re saying makes absolutely no sense, right
the few enslaved black people that did fight in the confederacy chose to do so because they were offered their freedom (some were offered freedom for their families)
it was also a social mobility thing?
it’s not because they just loved antebellum slavery so much that they fought to keep the institution, it’s because being in the war offered them opportunities that they didn’t have access to before
and honestly, it’s not about ‘Oh he could just shoot you and leave’ because there were thousands of other white officers who would have been more than happy to kill all the rebellious black people who tried that
you really need to leave this conversation because you make no sense
you do realize i already addressed everything you’re trying to cite in this link, but i mean nothing i say will make any difference to you
you’re holding so tightly to your racism that literally everything i say to you will be met with “but but black people fought for the confederacy” as though this isn’t something i’ve already acknowledged and responded to
your “source” consists of twenty two bulleted instances of black slaves fighting in the confederacy.
which i have already acknowledged and responded to.
i’ll address a few of the points here:
In March 1865, Judah P. Benjamin, Confederate Secretary Of State, promised freedom for blacks who served from the State of Virginia. Authority for this was finally received from the State of Virginia and on April 1st 1865, $100 bounties were offered to black soldiers. Benjamin exclaimed, “Let us say to every Negro who wants to go into the ranks, go and fight, and you are free…Fight for your masters and you shall have your freedom.” Confederate Officers were ordered to treat them humanely and protect them from “injustice and oppression”.
wowowowowowowow it’s almost like that thing i said where black slaves were offered rewards to fight for the confederacy and then did because they might be offered money and amnesty
it’s almost like… i already addressed your asinine bullshit!
Recently the National Park Service, with a recent discovery, recognized that blacks were asked to help defend the city of Petersburg, Virginia and were offered their freedom if they did so. Regardless of their official classification, black Americans performed support functions that in today’s army many would be classified as official military service. The successes of white Confederate troops in battle, could only have been achieved with the support these loyal black Southerners.
offered their freedom you say? wow it’s almost like that thing i said where black slaves were offered freedom to fight for the confederacy…
A quota was set for 300,000 black soldiers for the Confederate States Colored Troops. 83% of Richmond’s male slave population volunteered for duty. A special ball was held in Richmond to raise money for uniforms for these men. Before Richmond fell, black Confederates in gray uniforms drilled in the streets. Due to the war ending, it is believed only companies or squads of these troops ever saw any action. Many more black soldiers fought for the North, but that difference was simply a difference because the North instituted this progressive policy more sooner than the more conservative South. Black soldiers from both sides received discrimination from whites who opposed the concept .
hmm i seem to have addressed this one too, but whatever, you so “graciously” provided this link (which i have already read several times in the past) so i’ll keep going in no particular order
Free black musicians, cooks, soldiers and teamsters earned the same pay as white confederate privates. This was not the case in the Union army where blacks did not receive equal pay. At the Confederate Buffalo Forge in Rockbridge County, Virginia, skilled black workers “earned on average three times the wages of white Confederate soldiers and more than most Confederate army officers ($350- $600 a year).
wow, so you mean people were offered EQUAL COMPENSATION (which was a huge fucking deal, although it was offered in order to keep an oppressive racist slave system in place) to fight? which meant they might have more social mobility and the ability to access things they had no access to before???? Wowowowowowowowow
bottom line: yes, people see and understand that black people were present in the confederate army. it’s also incredibly important to acknowledge the reasons WHY they were there in the first place.
ok so when the hell will these people understand that the confederate flag is racist?
like….what the fuck.
Do you know how quickly my ass would exit stage left if I went in someone’s house and that was their goddamn floor?
Kiera Wilmot made an honest mistake, but the police were trying to throw away her life with a felony. After the community stood up for the girl, the charges were dropped, and she was allowed to move on with her life. Well, her greatness is really starting to shine, as she was recently granted several extraordinary opportunities through scholarship offers she has received.
Dr. Boyce Watkins recently wrote about another group of students who were arrested for throwing water balloons. Is it now open season on black children? We have to start asking ourselves why it’s suddenly become so easy for a black child to be sent to prison or jail. It appears that learning and education have been outlawed by the school systems, but getting arrested has become a leading trend. Rev. Jesse Jackson also regularly mentions all the schools in Chicago with “old books but brand new metal detectors.”
Dr. Christopher Emdin, a professor of education at Columbia University, says that the schools are now very similar to prisons in terms of how they are structured, and how the inhabitants are treated. Kiera overcame her situation, but there are thousands of kids across the country who aren’t so lucky. Maybe it’s time to attack the system that is attacking us.
Check this out from Gawker:
Kiera Wilmot, the 16-year-old honor student expelled from her high school after she allegedly ignited a chemical explosion on school property, received a full scholarship to the U.S. Space Academy, courtesy of a NASA veteran who, as a teenager, was accused of starting a forest fire during a science experiment.
The lessons here are simple: Black kids have potential, and we can’t allow this system to destroy them. Also, hard work always pays off, especially when it comes to education. Dr. Boyce Watkins and Minister Louis Farrakhan recently held a forum called “Wealth, Education, Family and Community: A New Paradigm for Black America.” In the forum, Dr. Watkins and Min. Farrakhan both agree that African Americans are going to have to think differently when it comes to deciding what it means for your kids to be educated.
“Only a fool allows those who hate him to educate his children,” says Dr. Watkins. ”People also have to learn that there is a difference between going to school and truly being educated.”
Dr. Watkins shares video from his forum with Min. Farrakhan in a popular online class that he is offering. Watkins says that new paradigms of thought must be embraced by African Americans if they are going to confront the ills of the American educational system.
“If we don’t stand up to this nonsense, then no one will,” says Dr. Watkins, who was placed in special education as a child. “We are in a war for the souls and future of our children. ”
“ALL people are fucked up and racist.” is hands down the most intellectually lazy and disingenuous response I’ve ever heard White people use in regards to racism. You’re basically telling the world that instead of making an effort to address this supposedly “innate and universal human tendency to be racist”, you’re just going to derail any and all discussions of racism so that you can be extremely complacent with being a terrible person.
1. White terrorists are called “gunmen.” What does that even mean? A person with a gun? Wouldn’t that be, like, everyone in the US? Other terrorists are called, like, “terrorists.”
2. White terrorists are “troubled loners.” Other terrorists are always suspected of being part of a global plot, even when they are obviously troubled loners.
3. Doing a study on the danger of white terrorists at the Department of Homeland Security will get you sidelined by angry white Congressmen. Doing studies on other kinds of terrorists is a guaranteed promotion.
4. The family of a white terrorist is interviewed, weeping as they wonder where he went wrong. The families of other terrorists are almost never interviewed.
5. White terrorists are part of a “fringe.” Other terrorists are apparently mainstream.
6. White terrorists are random events, like tornadoes. Other terrorists are long-running conspiracies.
7. White terrorists are never called “white.” But other terrorists are given ethnic affiliations.
8. Nobody thinks white terrorists are typical of white people. But other terrorists are considered paragons of their societies.
9. White terrorists are alcoholics, addicts or mentally ill. Other terrorists are apparently clean-living and perfectly sane.
10. There is nothing you can do about white terrorists. Gun control won’t stop them. No policy you could make, no government program, could possibly have an impact on them. But hundreds of billions of dollars must be spent on police and on the Department of Defense, and on TSA, which must virtually strip search 60 million people a year, to deal with other terrorists."
Juan Cole, 08/09/2012
Juan Cole actually wrote this 4 days after a white terrorist, yes, terrorist, murdered 6 and injured 4 people at a Sikh gurdwara in Wisconsin. The terrorist who committed said crime spoke of an impending “racial holy war” beforehand and was a member of white supremacist/neo-Nazi hate groups.
Racist assholes are everywhere, lbh.
- rescue three white women who have been missing for a decade, and a baby
- become a national hero
- pull and even bosser move and tell the fbi to give the reward money to the victims
- media decides to dig into your past, and bring up your criminal record.
wonderful time to be black in america.
“Don’t you know that slavery was outlawed?”
“No,” the guard said, “you’re wrong. Slavery was outlawed with the exception of prisons. Slavery is legal in prisons.”
I looked it up and sure enough, she was right. The Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution says:
“Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.”
Well, that explained a lot of things. That explained why jails and prisons all over the country are filled to the brim with Black and Third World people, why so many Black people can’t find a job on the streets and are forced to survive the best way they know how. Once you’re in prison, there are plenty of jobs, and, if you don’t want to work, they beat you up and throw you in a hole. If every state had to pay workers to do the jobs prisoners are forced to do, the salaries would amount to billions… Prisons are a profitable business. They are a way of legally perpetuating slavery. In every state more and more prisons are being built and even more are on the drawing board. Who are they for? They certainly aren’t planning to put white people in them. Prisons are part of this government’s genocidal war against Black and Third World people."
As part of development for the film, the studio appears to be throwing upcoming (affordable) young white male actors at the project in hopes that one of them will stick. Over the past three years, the lead role has passed through Mark Wahlberg,Bradley Cooper,Channing Tatum,Ryan Gosling,James McAvoy, andTom Hiddleston, with the latest casting rumors floating aroundAlexander Skarsgard.
All of these failed casting attempts point at one direction: it looks like twenty years later,The Crowwill be rebooted without a lead actor of color.
Seriously, they have burned through at least seven white dudes…and still have yet to consider an actor of color for a role originated by an actor of color.
“Who cares if it was racist, it was funny!”
I will forever fucking LOVE that gif