THE TRUTH OF NATIVE AMERICANS BEFORE THE GENOCIDE
Gotta put this on blast.
We never needed a white savior.
I hate this country.
What I learned from this video:
- 100 million Native Americans died at the hands of white colonists
- Instead of planting crops the colonists spent their days digging random holes in the ground looking for gold. They started starving and dug up Indian corpses to eat. They took Indian prisoners and forced them to teach the colonists how to farm
- Native Americans had massive cities with tens of thousands of well constructed houses, intricate water canals and large merchant areas.
- The Native Americans used soaps, deodorants and breath sweeteners while colonists never bathed or even took of their clothes
- There was a delousing policy with the mantra Nits create Lice; nits being Native American babies, so their goal was to kill every Indian, including babies
- In the 1700’s 80% of the Federal Budget went towards eradicating the Native American population so they could take their developed farmland
- Colonists leaders went town after town killing men women and children under the approval of George Washington
- "Pursue Indians to extermination" -Thomas Jefferson
- California governor (1849-1851): “extermination must continue to be waged until the Indian becomes extinct”
The main factor which prevented Native American extinction was the fact they were used for slave labor. The most prized Native Americans were young girls who were said to be valued for labor and lust (that one white dude in your ethnic studies class that says he’s 1/36th Cherokee?)
In modern times children were forced into Indian Boarding Schools whose goal was to “Kill the Indian in them”. It was federal policy. They were beaten if they used their native tongue, they were forced to dress and style their hair like whites
This country was literally built on terrorism and mass murder. White people are savage terrorists.
Until, this is taught in schools everywhere- “history class” is merely a racism propaganda course.
Things to marinate on this “holiday” weekend
I always get confused at first when people say this needs to be taught in schools everywhere, because this basically IS the history class I grew up with in Northern Manitoba. Like, pre-colonial Native history, the history of both settlers who were hostile to natives and the ones who cooperated fairly well with them and how that created the entirely new and unique Metis culture, and the history of Louis Riel and his rebellion was stuff we were learning as far back as grade five. Native studies focused primarily on precolonial native history and mythology and deconstructing native representation in the media is a mandatory class to get a high school diploma from our school division up there.
Makes me remember not to take that kind of upbringing for granted.
DO YOU KNOW ABOUT BLACK TULSA? IF NOT… WHY NOT?
This horrific incident has been well documented, everywhere: from YouTube videos of survivor interviews to PBS Lesson Plans for school teachers. Please do your Google diligence:
- From May 30 to June 1, 1921, white citizens of Tulsa bombed burned and shot up the “Little Africa” section of Tulsa FOR 18 HOURS STRAIGHT
- Why would they do that? That same old lame excuse, a Black man supposedly did something to a white woman. But the real reason was ECONOMIC JEALOUSY. Whites may have called it Little Africa derisively, but there is a reason that Black Tulsa is known as Black Wall Street
- In addition to the 300 Blacks killed, and over 1,000 residential homes burned to the ground, also destroyed were:
- The Mt. Zion Baptist Church and five other churches; the Gurley Hotel, Red Wing Hotel, and Midway Hotel; the Tulsa Star and Oklahoma Sun newspaper offices; Dunbar Elementary School; Osborne Monroe’s Roller-Skating Rink; the East End Feed Store; the Y.M.C.A. Cleaners; the Dreamland Theater; a drug store, barbershop, banquet hall, several grocery stores, dentists, lawyers, doctors, and realtors offices; a U.S. Post Office Substation, as well the all-black Frissell Memorial Hospital. All told, marauding gangs of savage whites destroyed 40-square-blocks of Black economic and entrepreneurial prosperity!
64 years after the first bombing of an American city was committed against the Black residents of Tulsa… the second bombing of an American city took place in Philadelphia when the city bombed the black members of the MOVE organization. (see the blackourstory archive for details).
Isn’t it a shame that 76 after the bombing of Tulsa, when Timothy McVeigh blew up the Murrah Federal Office Building in Oklahoma City, most historically illiterate Americans - including American “journalists” - responded as if it were the first time such a horror had been visited on Oklahoma. If only we knew.
While there are many lessons to be drawn from this, a few questions that stick out to me are these:
- If the answer to Black second-class treatment from whites in America is supposedly to become the ultimate American capitalists…the ‘model minorities’… how do you explain Tulsa 1921?
- For those Black folk who think that the sole answer to Black people’s problems is simply more Blacks becoming business owners and more Blacks spending money with other Blacks… how did that work out for our people in Tulsa in ‘21?
- Considering not only Tulsa, but Rosewood, Florida, and many other thriving all-Black towns that you may know of that all met the same fate at the hands of murderous, envious, lazy crackers… WHEN ARE WE GOING TO ACKNOWLEDGE AND TAKE SERIOUSLY THE IDEA THAT BLACK WEALTH (ESPECIALLY ALL-BLACK WEALTH) WILL NEED TO BE PROTECTED WITH PHYSICAL FORCE?
There is a reason that Marcus Garvey AND Elijah Muhammad had armies of trained Black men as a huge part of their organizations. Many of us Black folk took those great men as jokes, yet NO BLACK LEADERS SINCE THOSE TWO have reached the same heights of economic and ideological success and unity of Black people.
Not only do we need to LEARN THIS HISTORY, we need to start taking these events men and movements MORE SERIOUSLY, and doing some CRITICAL HISTORICAL ANALYSIS if we are ever to stop being on the bottom rung of every metric in American life. Not just some casual or accidental reading of history; some CRITICAL. HISTORICAL. ANALYSIS.
TULSA 1921 was real. PHILLY 1985 was real. Will it happen again?
This is happening
Take 5 minutes out of your morning/night to educate yourself on this young man LL. The brother was LYNCHED. “Crackertown”, North Carolina. Been gone since the morning of Aug. 29th. Day of his first football game of his senior year. All that hard work in the summer for nothin’. #JusticeForLennonLacy
This needs more light..
racism needs to hurry up and DIE
So he was found hanging, the morning of his first big game that he had been preparing for all year, wearing somebody else’s shoes, with his brand new shoes missing. he had a white girlfriend, openly racist neighbours, confederate flags everywhere, marks on his face indicating he was in a fight just minutes before..
This was not a suicide, no way in hell. This was a modern day lynching.
I hope they get answers soon. Poor boy.
disney no chinese people don’t wear kimonos that’s a japanese thing, she is wearing a hanfu jfc, just because white people might not know the difference doesn’t mean you should mislabel it
also PS love conquers all is definitely not the moral of either the original Ballad of Mulan or the Disney movie swear to god the moral of the story is “women kick ass, often with fireworks”
I would also like to point out that most of the cases in the article are people of color (not always black) with mental disabilities who were killed by police. This is about police brutality and mental disability and racism. Together.
"IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE FOR THERE TO BE MORE PoC IN GRAVITY FALLS!! OREGON HAS THE SMALLEST PERCENTAGE OF PoC IN AMERICA!!!"
i’m pretty sure oregon also doesn’t have demonic triangles and zombies but nah, insinuate that a show could use more brown people and suddenly accuracy is paramount
"He had a sandwich in his hand, and they thought it was a gun. It’s like Michael Brown all over again," she told the paper.
racism in a nutshell -@zellieimani
This is what we mean when we talk about white supremacy. Cops are allowed to persecute and kill black people without any repercussions, mass white media is on their side who then influences the general public; “they were a thug, they had it coming, they had detention in the 6th grade, they had overdue library books”. Kill you, criminalize your corpse, erase your humanity. Another candle snuffed out because you happened to be born with the wrong skin
Typical racist rhetoric:
The “oh, but you’re not like the rest of them” line.
His fucking face in the third pic is like every white boy I’ve ever seen try to explain away his racist/sexist/homophobic comment.
When it’s actually the opposite. European settlers were the savages. Native Americans had running irrigation systems! They had beautiful and intricate cities and homes and communities. They were clean, and respectful of the environment, and even used a form of breath sweeteners! But no. You won’t learn any of that in American history classes. You won’t learn about the complete and utter genocide of a nation of people who originally inhabited this land. Nope.
Please attempt to understand what is going through the minds of these victims of excessive police force and brutality. As a person of color who has seen over and over again what kind of power the police use against those who are in no position to defend themselves physically or legally, I feel I am in no position to judge someone who does not complete the good citizen checklist upon being met with such a terrifying situation. Imagine being in their position, knowing that if you get out of the car or reach to unlock a door or whatever you need to do, you could get shot down with no hesitation by the person pointing a weapon in your direction.
People have been killed while being 100% compliant. Compliancy is not a guarantee you will make it out alive. When you feel like your life could end any second at the whim of a power-tripping police officer, you may feel extreme pressure to make some fight or flight decisions because you know deep down, those officers see no value in your life. You are no longer a citizen, you are a target.
Blaming someone for how they react in such a stressful situation does not change the fact that they shouldn’t have been made to feel like they were, quite possibly, in their last moments of life.
How is this still a thing?
1899 cartoon depicting Uncle Sam educating the “uncivilized” nations of Cuba, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and the Philippines.
An interesting cartoon created after the Spanish American War and at the beginning of America’s global ambitions. The racial prejudice’s illustrated depict what was called "The White Mans Burden”, the belief that it was the duty of white European and American society to civilize and Christianize the rest of the world, even by force if necessary. Note the racial attitudes being shown by the cartoon, with people of color being depicted as crude caricatures and stereotypes. In the background are an American Indian holding a book upside down, a Chinese boy at the door, and a black boy cleaning a window. The other white children depicted represent US States. Originally published on p. 8-9 of the January 25, 1899 issue of Puck Magazine.
Written on the blackboard: “The consent of the governed is a good thing in theory, but very rare in fact. — England has governed her colonies whether they consented or not. By not waiting for their consent she has greatly advanced the world’s civilization. — The U.S. must govern its new territories with or without their consent until they can govern themselves.”
Caption: ”School Begins. Uncle Sam (to his new class in Civilization): Now, children, you’ve got to learn these lessons whether you want to or not! But just take a look at the class ahead of you, and remember that, in a little while, you will feel as glad to be here as they are!”