Can I just take a moment to explain why I love Nintendo, both at E3 and in general? I mean, no - the E3 conference may have started at a high note but it kind of ended on a whimper by the end.
But you know what? I don’t care.
Look at these three men. They are the three geniuses behind the company. A man who treats a plush toy with love and laughter in front of millions of viewers. A man genuinely shocked and amazed when his face is transformed as part of a game. A man caught contemplating the significance of bananas in the middle of a serious presentation.
Every other company comes onto the stages trying to be as professional as possible. They see their customers, their players, as mature adults and want to keep up the face of being so as well, producing prerecorded videos of obviously overexcited actors…. - but in the process, while they talk about how excited they are about something, there’s nothing. Nothing there is genuine.
Nintendo doesn’t care. Nintendo goofs off. Nintendo carries ridiculous props onstage and laughs at themselves. Their excitement isn’t just stated, it’s shown. They are there, having fun, and because of that you know that they genuinely love their games. The things they are selling you are things they love themselves.
They are complete dorks at heart. They still love fun and aren’t afraid to show it in front of millions of people.
And that is why I love Nintendo and will always back them - we share that love of fun.
I know it’s pretty late to comment, but this is a glorious post and a glorious comment.
With an incredible amount of truth. While there’s merit in being professional, nothing sells entertainment like letting your audience know that yes, you genuinely love your product and want to share it with the world.
It’s more than that, you see.
The other companies aren’t being professional. Nintendo at wore suits. What part of Usher and Tobuscus screams professionalism? The other companies relied on explosions and loud noises, they treated us with no respect. They were bad conferences, but they were also insulting to mature adults.
Nintendo has a refined elegance, but they have that genuine love of video games as well that lets them goof off and enjoy themselves. They’re more mature with the way they respect us than anyone else.
Nintendo did great at E3. Not spectacular, but they did the conference justice.
All that has been said is true.
Also, Nintendo doesn’t NEED celebrities to back up their conferences. They don’t have a super-obvious need to reach any demographic. They come out and say “look what we got!” and let it all speak for itself.
Everything is Nintendo and nothing hurt
- daviiiid reblogged this from legendofzeldaseries
- thepinkbookworm reblogged this from murasaki-b
- lovethroughdelusions reblogged this from elephantmelody
- elephantmelody reblogged this from malcheke
- odielee likes this
- the-sage-of-doitsu reblogged this from animerockchic
- mytheoryofhappiness likes this
- animerockchic reblogged this from murasaki-b
- malcheke reblogged this from murasaki-b
- murasaki-b reblogged this from weeaboobies
- rockintheshockin likes this
- redsludge reblogged this from touchingnippleswithtoes
- eatpraydraw likes this
- alice2in-wonderland likes this
- precedingquotations reblogged this from insideabasketcase and added:
- precedingquotations likes this
- rebelraggamuffin reblogged this from emmario
- sugoicorgiswag reblogged this from queen-of-worlds-that-dont-exist
- sugoicorgiswag likes this
- holygriffon reblogged this from pleasetagy9urtriggers
- princessxika reblogged this from pleasetagy9urtriggers
- elegantmaterialist reblogged this from pleasetagy9urtriggers
- pleasetagy9urtriggers reblogged this from queen-of-worlds-that-dont-exist
- xamykilidurhamx likes this
- mayhem107 likes this
- riomotley likes this
- cynicalgamer likes this
- squirrelflight4228 reblogged this from queen-of-worlds-that-dont-exist
- thelegendarymow reblogged this from srwonderbreadbread
- thelegendarymow likes this
- srwonderbreadbread reblogged this from creaturecatsme0w
- srwonderbreadbread likes this
- clemy-sensei reblogged this from healterskeltergirl
- kenshinmizuhara reblogged this from mrquottie
- ikickedsomanythings reblogged this from healterskeltergirl
- ikickedsomanythings likes this
- omgjustgoawayplease reblogged this from queen-of-worlds-that-dont-exist
- lennie-ninja reblogged this from queen-of-worlds-that-dont-exist
- creaturecatsme0w reblogged this from gimmedatassssbutt
- gimmedatassssbutt reblogged this from queen-of-worlds-that-dont-exist
- gamzee-makara likes this
- mrquottie reblogged this from indamnations
- hellanime reblogged this from indamnations
- indamnations reblogged this from queen-of-worlds-that-dont-exist
- queen-of-worlds-that-dont-exist reblogged this from pokehero49
- pokehero49 reblogged this from healterskeltergirl
- obsessive-moviegoer reblogged this from theokayishgatsby
- obsessive-moviegoer likes this